boat paddle ukuleles

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mya-Moe Beansprout Banjo Ukulele!

A little late but never too late for this one........

THE MYA-MOE BEANSPROUT BANJO UKULELE:







I wish that I had known about this comparison when it was posted. This is a truly valuable

test because you can hear 4 lovely banjo ukes made from distinctly different woods. The

results are challenging to say the least. I can't resist commenting on the quality of the sound

of each of them, the intonation and the sustain. I have to admit, even my very best banjo ukes

do not have these qualities. Aaron's instruments have a truly melodic capability as well as

strumming and picking. In short, I think it's time I buy one for my own use. At the end of each

test he plays the harmonics at the 12th fret and that is something I have never heard any banjo uke

pull off with such sustain and clarity. I might ask him to make a flat resonator back when I order

one (if he would even consider such a thing.). I like them on a banjo uke to reflect the sound outward and not directly into your clothing. I will admit though, these don't seem to suffer for lack of volume.

I published an email interview with Aaron several years ago on this blog and picked his brain a little

bit about his instruments.Bravo Aaron!!!

No comments: