boat paddle ukuleles

Monday, March 21, 2011

British Flat sided Cases
A reader asked this:  "Did american makers supply their banjo ukuleles with flat sided cases like the majority of British made cases?"
Answer:    To be honest I have never seen this type of case included with ukes made in the U.S. unless they were for sale in the U.K..   I can't say for sure but to my knowledge the flat sided cases were not sold here. Also, I have seen Gibson's sold in the U.K. as having the "original" case that are the flat sided style you find there.  It's possible that Gibson might have outfitted the export ukes with those cases, or had the distributors include them.  I really have no idea.  This is a difficult question to answer and perhaps the elders in the GFS might shed some light on it.
P.S.  I've always wondered why they put the flat side upward?  Seems like it would sit more firmly flat on the ground.
  

No comments: